1. The mission of the VACJE is to:
- A. Advance, inspire, and promote the highest quality and evidence based practices of criminal justice education to students and practitioners in community colleges, colleges, and universities within the Commonwealth of Virginia
- B. foster communication and support among all criminal justice educators in Virginia
- C. inform the membership of pending (or possible) changes to criminal justice programs or agencies among the post-secondary educational institutions in Virginia
- D. articulate a unified voice for official communication with other educational agencies, public safety organizations or related agencies, within the Commonwealth of Virginia
- E. enhance the quality of life-long educational experiences and opportunities for our criminal justice students
- F. assist state and local agencies in recruitment and retention efforts by promoting careers in criminal justice or related agencies in Virginia.
2. To accomplish this mission
The VACJE will sponsor an annual in person or virtual meeting of the members of the Virginia Association of Criminal Justice Educators for the purpose of:
- A. providing a forum for the expression of thoughts, ideas, and concerns
- B. sharing training and teaching methods and techniques
- C. conducting an annual business meeting
- D. allowing individuals to network and collaborate with their peers.
- E. presenting an annual opportunity for workshops and programs to enhance individual member professional development and knowledge of public safety
- F. allowing an opportunity for the expression of an official position for the VACJE.
- G. supporting articulation agreements and memorandums of understanding between community colleges, criminal justice training academies, and four year colleges and universities.
- H. maintaining a data base of a current list of full-time public safety educators in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- I. communicating with members through a quarterly newsletter, social media, e- mails and the VACJE Web Page, as appropriate.